Friday, November 6, 2009

So I was thinking..

The doctors diagnosis that it was all in my head just doesnt makes sense to me.
Let me know if it makes sense to you after reading this.
Because it was all in my head all this happened:
I was diagnosed with mono and my spleen was enlarged.
I had 2 surgeries a little over a year apart and both I had to stay overnight because I was passing out/throwing up.
My mouth was covered in white sores and my incesion was infected after gall bladder surgery.
I went from doctor to doctor trying to get help.
My heart rate was abnormal and I had to go to the cardiologist.
I missed 2 proms from different schools I was asked too.
I had group B strep in my kidney twice.
I had very high positive for crohn's which fit all my symptoms.
Ive had countless bloodtests not only the past 2 years but since March.
I have bruises, little scars and those blood clots from blood tests/IV's.
Ive had hundreds of IV's the past 4 years.I spent 6 weeks in the hospital missing fair and my friends/family.
I had a colonoscopy and talked my mom into it because I wanted some answers so I could feel better.
I had ice all over my joints plus a heat pack on my stomach the whole time in the hospital.
I collapsed in the hospital and couldnt move.
I stopped breathing twice in the night because of drugs in the hospital and I was oh so sick but I quit bugging the doctors to take me off of the med I knew was doin it because I didnt want them to think I was more crazy.
I got so skinny/weak that I was shaking so bad for weeks.
I was throwing up everything I ate.
I had 2 NG tubes (tubes down the nose) one they ripped out so fast I threw up some blood.
I let psychatrist tell me that I had to leave the light on all day (even though I had light sensitivity and just wanted the blinds open) and that I couldn't nap at all (even though I was so sick) and did what they said.
I have an exam by not 1 but a few doctors at 7 AM and they woke me up after I had finaly gotten to sleep to push on me/examine...SO PAINFUL!
I let a doctor tell me that I had to spend a whole day outta bed and not even look at it til it was bedtime even though I was big time drugged and so sick and shaking because I was so weak because I lost 5 pounds in 2 days...and 40 in 5 months from throwing up.
I swallowed a pill camera and they sent me home saying I couldnt bend over until it was out in case it punctures me.
Sadly thats not even half what i've been through but I think you get the point.
How can I ever have so much trust in a doctor again?

8 comments:

Katie Smith said...

Sarah - I'm so sorry you've been through so much with the doctors...no fun!!

On a lighter note I had to laugh when I saw what you listed our blog as...Cameron Diaz...Haha!!! That is so funny!

SaRa MaRiE said...

Katie!
Thanks. Haha you could totally pass as her. Watch out for the paparazzi..Next thing you know you'll be seeing in the magazines that Cameron Diaz has twins and a little boy and moved to utah haha :)

SAYDA said...

I watch Mystery Diagnosis and unfortunately it happens to so many people Sara. That is really sad that it happened to you.

SaRa MaRiE said...

I know its so sad many many people that have lymes get told they are crazy!!

Jill said...

Sara you are so strong and so sweet...I was so worried about you were you were in the hospital, everyday when Kyler came home I would ask him what he knew. I was so sad when they said it was Crohn's, because I know what that's like. But maybe that would be better over lyme disease? Hang in there, and I do know from experience it helps to talk about it. :)

SaRa MaRiE said...

Thanks Jill. Yeah Crohn's is better than lyme disease big time. How are you doing?

Jill said...

I'm doing pretty well. I actually only had ulcerative colitis, so once I had my colon removed, that helped A TON, not like Crohn's where it can keep coming back, even after surgery. I still have a little bit of problems, but nothing I can't deal with. I know it could be so much worse, and I havn't been through anything compared to you! Other than that, I'm good. I hope you can start to find some relief and get better...you're in my prayers. Stay strong and know that the Lord doesn't give us any trials that we can't handle, and they make us stronger. I know you've probably heard that a million times, but I learned for myself that it's true. I gained a greater testimony through all my health problems than I ever would have on my own. Use the priesthood and ask for blessings, that's what it's there for! love you!

SaRa MaRiE said...

Thanks Jill!!! Im glad your doing so much better!!! I also have grown so much because of everything I've been through. Ive had so many miracles. Youre such a sweetheart! Love ya also!